Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh, it was my pleasure...

My Sista, Julian, Nora and I went to our mom & dad's farm this weekend for a visit.  We had a great time.  Their satellite TV was not working, and that turned out to be a good thing as we spent the evening looking through old photo albums while enjoying a lovely bottle of wine.  We discovered a sweet little keepsake book that mom had put together when my brother was a baby.  I was reading through the flower delivery cards mom had received in the hospital.  They were of the usual just-had-a-baby variety:  "Congratulations!"  "Lot's of love..."  "It's a boy!" etc.  Until I came across the one from my dad.  It's so sweet that he had flowers delivered to her, and I couldn't help picture him ordering them over the phone (young, excited... slightly nervous):

Dad:  "Uh, yah... hi.  I would like to order some flowers."
Flower Lady:  "Wonderful sir, I will make out the card for you, what would you like it to say?"

(Keep in mind I can hear my dad blush when I say "I love you" over the phone... there is usually a long pause on the other end of the line, then he says:  "Um, yah... same here, bye.")

Dad:  "Um... Thanks for... the son."
Flower Lady:  "And, who shall I sign it from?"
Dad:  "Johnny."


Awww... love you daddy.

jbxo

4 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

I'm laughing, but that is SO sweet.
:-))

Little Sweethearts said...

Life should have more nights without TV.

L,
Tania

Anonymous said...

that is SO cute! hehehehe
your dad is funny!
xxx jenn

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome.
ck