Saturday, November 8, 2008

I love her.


Andrew has brought Julian ice skating every week for the past three weeks, bless him.
Julian HATES it.
Julian:  "Ice is slippery.  I don't like skating, mommy."
Last weekend was a debacle, or so I hear.  I was "busy" around the house with Nora.  To be honest, I am not one for skating, or arenas in general.  I would much rather be at home, doing... "stuff".

Nanny and Pop were there to witness the debacle last weekend, from all accounts Julian was paralyzed with fear.  He had a big fall the weekend before, and had not gotten over it.  He would not move.  Well, until the lady in the yellow coat came along.  She had a daughter of her own.  She saw Julian crying and she came to the rescue.  She inspired him to skate.  I have to be honest, Nanny sent me photos, but I didn't think much of the entire situation.  Until later this week.  I was driving Julian to his first eye exam.  Out of nowhere he said:
"Mommy, I don't like skating."
Me:  "No?"
Julian:  "No mommy, ice is slippery."
Me:  "Oh."
Julian:  "The lady in the yellow coat help me mommy."
Me:  "I know, she was nice."
Julian:  "I want a mommy just like her."
Me:  "Julian!  You already have a mommy."
Julian:  "I love her, mommy."
Me:  "Really, what about your own mommy?"
Julian:  "I love you too mommy.  I love two ladies."

My heart sank.
My stomach ached.
My son loves TWO ladies.

I guess I'll be going to the arena from now on.

jbxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwawwwwwwww!

bless him and you
hahahaha
so cute
awwwww

will he be going ice skating when im back? id love to go!

xxxx jenn

Clippy Mat said...

ju-ju, he just has a big heart that's all and his mommy taught him how to use it.
:-))

Little Sweethearts said...

Get those skates on!!!

L,
Tania

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

oooohhhh so cute x