Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Reality Bites.


I nursed Julian until his first birthday, and I have been slowly weaning Nora the same way.  Therefore, tonight was our last nursing session.  I find this to be a very emotional moment.  It was her and I, in our cozy rocking chair, having a little talk about the past year.  I let her know how special our nursing sessions have been to me, and I began to feel very nostalgic.  The tears began to slowly fall down my face onto hers.  The realization that this was the last time we would share this connection was overwhelming.  I began to think that maybe I should extend nursing her for another few days, weeks, maybe even months.  Then she bit me.

jbxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and THAT's why they call it
"BITTY" LOL :-)

Clippy Mat said...

Oooh dear, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em........ i've been an' gone an' done it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ouch...come on now...she is too cute and gentle to do that! Not wee Noo-Noo!