Saturday, January 12, 2008

Venti Vanilla Cappuccino, please...


I love it... it is a lovely, sweet coffee treat.  Now that I am a working woman once again I can pamper myself with this sort of luxury.  On my way into work on Friday morning I decided to stop at Starbucks and pick up my favourite beverage, along with a slice of lemon poppy seed loaf.  The combo is a recipe for a fantastic morning.  I remembered that I was running low on coffee at home, and decided to grab a bag of beans.  I picked up the first bag I saw.  It was a gorgeous, dark chocolate brown colour, and the fonts appealed to my senses, so that means it must taste wonderful, right?  I turned it over and read the back:

"Casi Cielo has amazing character and great depth of flavor.  Smooth and versatile to please a variety of tastes, every sip begins with an elegant floral aroma and surprising lemony flourish, and finishes with deep, satisfying dark cocoa notes."

I think I may have blushed a little bit.  Was this making love, or drinking coffee?  Let me think about it... SOLD.

I brought my elegant bag of beans to the counter, and the pretty girl rang it up (along with my venti vanilla cappuccino and lemon poppy seed loaf) and said:  "That will be $25.90."

I just bought a bag of coffee beans for $17.00.  It's a good thing I received my first pay cheque this week.

jbxo
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll be over for coffee in the morning!