Thursday, January 31, 2008

Old friends...


Computers are amazing.  As a result of my computer I recently reconnected with my university roommate - who has lived in Italy for the past 13 years, and just returned to Canada - I would have never known she was back in Canada if it wasn't for my computer.  Because of my computer I have been inspired by women in other countries who I have never even met.  This summer our computer crashed, and we lost all of our email addresses, documents, everything - except photos which were backed up (thank goodness).  I lost touch with my friend Tara, because I couldn't remember her email address... until last night.  It "popped" into my head right before bed, so I dropped her an email to see what was new, to give her an update on the babies, and to let her know about Clinka's Apples.  She emailed me back with her blog:  seven spoons.  Unlike myself Tara can cook, and cook very well.  Try a recipe or two, and if you need someone to sample, let me know.  

Every day the world gets a little bit smaller...

jbxo

2 comments:

tara said...

Thank you so much for the mention, my dear! And even moreso, thank you for the email. It was great to hear from after all this time, and wonderful to discover your charming site. Can't wait to catch up.

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

I agree, computers, the internet, etsy, blogs, what did we do before them?!